Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Not A Home,but A Community


A home to me is a place where I can feel like myself , not be judged, and feel safe to say things and keep it hidden. That is why I picked the CSUN LGBTA club to be a home to me because it just does not feel like a home, but also a big community. I can say that I know most of the people in the club because I socialize a lot either though I can be shy, and also a way that I can see friends I have not seen for awhile. Not many know about the LGBTA community which brings up stereotypes on us because they just believe everything a person says to them and we are just trying to get more people to know about us. What I enjoy the most is that we accept anybody into our club does not matter what you are even straight allies come along to see what it is about. We have discussion at the end and it feels safe enough to say anything because we keep it as hidden and its a safe environment. Either though we only meet once a week you will be surprised how many people know each other outside the club. 

No comments:

Post a Comment